Updated May 2018
Who we are
Landmark Forest Adventure Park is a family visitor attractions located in the heart of the Cairngorms National Park. The park opened back in June 1970 and now welcomes over 160,000 visitors to the park every year. The park is home to a wide variety of different attractions that are suitable for all ages.
Landmark Forest Adventure Park is owned and operated by Visitor Centres Limited. Visitor Centres Limited registered in Edinburgh No 45749. Registered Office Landmark, Carrbridge, Inverness-shire.
Landmark Forest Adventure Park
We are registered as a data controller under the Data Protection Act 1998, and our Data Protection Register number (ICO number) is: ZA131062
Any electronic communications will be made in accordance with the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR)
What is personal information?
Personal information is anything which enables us to identify you in some way such as a name, email address, or an online identifier such as an IP address.
You may be asked to provide personal information through our digital channels such as the website or via our leaflets and paper forms or by phone call.
Special category data means personal information revealing your racial or ethnic origin; political opinions; religious or philosophical beliefs; or trade union membership; genetic data; biometric data; data related to your health or data concerning your sex life or sexual orientation; and criminal convictions or involvement in criminal proceedings.
What information do we collect about you?
We collect the personal data that you may volunteer as part of ticket bookings, online purchases, e-newsletter sign-ups and visitor surveys.
Personal information we collect may include:
- your name, title, gender and date of birth
- postal address, email address and phone number
- family and spouse/partner details, relationships to other donors and/or Members
- current interests and activities
We will also collect and hold information about any contact you have with us as a visitor or customer of Landmark Forest Adventure Park, and may consist of details of:
- ticket purchase and event registration / attendance
- contact preferences
- details of correspondence sent to you, or received from you
- where relevant, selected media coverage
- any other information provided by yourself at the request of Landmark Forest Adventure Park
When we ask you to provide your personal information we will let you know why we are asking, and how we will use your data, by directing you towards this notice.
What we do with your information
Depending on your relationship with Landmark Forest Adventure Park, and the preferences you have indicated, data we hold may be used by us for the following purposes:
- to inform you of any changes which may affect your visit; for example if we were to unexpectedly close to inform you prior to your visiting the attraction
- send you promotional or marketing information by post, telephone or electronic means. These types of communications can include:
- informing you of other products, services or events related to Landmark Forest Adventure Park, such as promotions, special events, or retail offers
- news and updates about Landmark Forest Adventure Park, such as via printed leaflets and guides, and marketing or supporter e-newsletters
- other relevant communications based upon your relationship with Landmark Forest Adventure Park
- If you have entered a competition we will use the contact details you have provided to contact you if you win. We will destroy your personal data after the prize draw or at the end of the competition unless you have expressly chosen to opt-in to our mailing list
- To send you surveys, and for market research purposes
- Tools may be used to monitor the effectiveness of our communications with you, including email tracking, which records when an e-newsletter from us is opened and/or how many links are clicked within the message. The data from this tracking is used in an aggregated and anonymised form
- CCTV is in operation for your safety and security in public areas of the premises. This information is stored temporarily. CCTV signs are visible at our entrance
You can opt out of any / all of our communications at any point simply by contacting Ross Coulter, Marketing & Communications Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who we might share your information with?
We do not disclose personal data to any third parties or external organisations other than data processors carrying out work on our behalf, unless we have prior permission from any individual.
Examples of such data processors would be mailing houses for the sending of our information leaflets and bulk email distribution services.
Any such companies are acting as approved data processors for Landmark Forest Adventure, and we retain full responsibility for your personal data. Data processors will act only on our instructions.
We do occasionally work in partnership with other business to deliver competitions for our customers, and as such sharing personal data with third parties may be necessary. Individuals will also be made aware of this before entering any competition that we run.
We may occasionally need to transfer your personal information overseas, for instance to our bulk email distributor, MailChimp. Where this is necessary, this may be to countries or territories around the world.
We may make use of the non-personal information we have collected from you to enable us to identify and target advertisements to a particular target audience. Data such as postcodes (without other identifiers) may be shared partner agencies or marketing consultants to help aggregate information about our users and customers. We may also make use of aggregated and statistical information with third parties involved in maintaining or developing our websites. Aggregated information is always anonymous.
We are required to ensure any transfers of data will be done securely, in accordance with best practice, and in compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Your data will never be sold or passed to any third party for any other purpose.
How we keep your information secure
We have implemented security procedures, rules and technical measures to protect the personal data that we have under our control from:
- unauthorised access
- improper use or disclosure
- unauthorised modification
All our employees and data processors, who have access to, and are associated with the processing of personal data, are legally obliged to respect the confidentiality of our visitors’ personal data.
We cannot guarantee the security of your home computer or the internet, and any online communications (e.g. information provided by email or our website) are at the user’s own risk.
Please note that our website and other digital platforms may contain links to third party websites / digital platforms which are provided for your convenience.
We are only responsible for the privacy practices and security of our own digital platforms.
We recommend that you check the privacy and security policies and procedures of each and every other website / digital platform that you visit.
General retention periods
We will not hold your personal information for any longer than is necessary, unless we are required to keep your personal data longer to comply with the law and any regulatory requirements.
Depending on how we interact with you we may hold your data for different periods.
If you have visited or have purchased any item as a customer, we will hold your contact information for a period of seven (7) years after your last point of contact. This is so that we can send you information and marketing materials related to goods, services and activities which we feel may be relevant to you.
If you are under 16
When an individual purchases a product or opts to join our mailing list we will ask for confirmation that they are aged 16 and over. On some occasions we may collect and manage data of under 16s. We will only retain relevant personal data of children who are to receive information relating to requested materials, such as relevant events, replying to customer feedback or processing family season memberships.
How can I access the information about me, and correction of information?
You can ask us if we are keeping any personal data about you and you can also request to receive a copy of that personal data – this is called a Subject Access Request.
Your rights include:
- the right to access the personal information held about the you by making a subject access request in accordance with the data protection legislation. We may charge a reasonable fee when a request is manifestly unfounded or excessive
- the right to have your personal information rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- the right to request to have your personal information deleted in certain specific circumstances as set out in the data protection legislation
- the right to request to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain specific circumstances as set out in the data protection legislation
- the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes or for purposes based on our legitimate interests (in certain circumstances as set out in the data protection legislation)
- the right to ask us to not undergo automated decision making
- where you have provided consent, to request to withdraw such consent at any time
There are some exemptions to the above rights that are permitted under the data protection legislation. If you have any queries as to what these are then please get in touch.
Please note that if you choose to exercise your rights to have personal data restricted or deleted, then we may not be able to provide you with a full service.
Further details about your rights can be found on the ICO’s website at https://ico.org.uk/
We will need you to provide identification in order to comply with your request to exercise your rights. Once we have received your information request, and your identification, we will respond within the required timescales unless a permitted exemption applies.
Subject Access Requests should be sent to:
Ross Coulter, Marketing & Communications Manager, Landmark Forest Adventure Park, Carrbridge, PH2 3AJ
At any time you may request that we delete or correct your personal information. If you wish to correct any information on you held by Landmark Forest Adventure Park Camera, simply contact email@example.com.
Website and digital platforms
When you interact with our digital platforms, we do not automatically capture or store personal data from our visitors, but we may automatically capture other information about your visit. This is to help us better understand how visitors use our digital platforms to enable us to create better content and more relevant communications:
- how you have reached our digital platform and the internet protocol (IP) address you have used
- your browser type, versions and plug-ins, and your operating system
- your journey through our digital platform, including which links you click on and any searches you made, how long you stayed on a page, and other page interaction information
- which videos you have watched and for how long
- what content you like or share
- which adverts you saw and responded to
- which pop up or push messages you might have seen and responded to
- your subscription status
- demographic information such as geographical location and gender if available
- information collected in any forms you complete
We may also analyse which marketing activity led to your taking specific action on our digital platforms.
We regularly review our privacy notice, and may make changes time to time. Any changes made will be posted to this page, and will apply from the time we post them. This privacy notice was last changed on 24 May 2018.
How to contact us
- by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- or write to us at Landmark Forest Adventure Park, Carrbridge, Inverness-shire, PH23 3AJ
If you are not satisfied with the response you receive from us or how we handle your personal information, then you may wish to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office via https://ico.org.uk/